James Hardie Q1 operating profit up 19 pct
MELBOURNE Aug 12 (Reuters) - Building materials maker James Hardie Industries reported a 19 percent rise in first quarter net operating profit on Monday, excluding asbestos liabilities, bolstered by higher sales volumes and prices.
Net operating profit rose to $52.0 million for the three months to June 30 from $43.8 million.
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video