James Hardie Q1 operating profit up 19 pct
MELBOURNE Aug 12 (Reuters) - Building materials maker James Hardie Industries reported a 19 percent rise in first quarter net operating profit on Monday, excluding asbestos liabilities, bolstered by higher sales volumes and prices.
Net operating profit rose to $52.0 million for the three months to June 30 from $43.8 million.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- IMF's Lagarde put under investigation in French fraud case |