CFTC subpoenas Glencore in metals warehousing inquiry -source
LONDON Aug 12 (Reuters) - Glencore and its metals warehousing business Pacorini have received subpoenas from the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission on Monday, a source familiar with the matter said.
Reuters reported earlier on Monday that another metals warehousing firm had received a subpoena from the regulator, seeking all of its documents and communications related to the London Metal Exchange since January 2010, as an inquiry into complaints about inflated metals prices gathers steam.
A spokesman for Glencore declined to comment.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- UPDATE 1-Study casts doubt on whether extra vitamin D prevents disease