RPT-James Hardie Q1 operating profit up 19 pct
MELBOURNE Aug 12 (Reuters) - Building materials maker James Hardie Industries reported a 19 percent rise in first quarter net operating profit on Monday, excluding asbestos liabilities, bolstered by higher sales volumes and prices.
Net operating profit rose to $52.0 million for the three months to June 30 from $43.8 million.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'