Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Aug 12 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Monday:
* ThyssenKrupp has begun sounding out investors on a capital increase planned for the autumn, financial sources said, but the German steelmaker said it would have to reach a deal to sell its operations in the Americas before making any decision.
* Russia's Onexim group, owned by tycoon Mikhail Prokhorov, is in talks to buy half of mobile phone retailer Svyaznoy, Kommersant newspaper said on Friday, citing sources.
* CVC Capital Partners Ltd and KKR & Co have expressed interest in buying Neiman Marcus Inc, the luxury retailer that filed for an initial public offering in June, Bloomberg reported, citing people familiar with the matter. ()
* Starboard Value LP, an investor in Smithfield Foods Inc , approached buyout firms and meat processors to encourage them to form a bidding group to derail a Chinese takeover, said two people familiar with the process, Bloomberg reported. ()
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups agree to three-day Gaza truce |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |