CANADA STOCKS-TSX may open lower, Fed uncertainity drags
August 12 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index futures signaled a lower open on Monday, with investors still jittery about the uncertainty surrounding the U.S. Federal Reserve's bond-buying program. TOP STORIES
* Canadian smartphone maker Blackberry said it had set up a committee to explore strategic alternatives that could include joint ventures, partnerships or a sale of the company.
* Japan's economy grew at a slower-than-expected rate in the second quarter, offering ammunition to those seeking to delay a scheduled sales tax increase even as government debt has risen past 1,000 trillion yen.
* Some older Samsung Electronics Co mobile devices face a sales and import ban in the United States after a U.S. trade panel ruled for Apple in a high-profile patent infringement case.
* British insurer Prudential reported a 22 percent rise in first-half operating profits on Monday, as it benefited from its exposure to fast-growing Asian markets as well as a jump in income in its U.S. operation.MARKET SNAPSHOT
* Canada stock futures traded down 0.5 percent
* U.S. stock futures , , were down around 0.44 percent to 0.35 percent
* European shares, were down COMMODITY PRICE MOVES
* Thomson Reuters-Jefferies CRB Index : 286.1757; rose 0.09 percent
* Gold futures : $1,324; rose 0.85 percent
* US crude : $105.54; fell 0.41 percent
* Brent crude : $107.77; fell 0.42 percent
* LME 3-month copper : $7,256.25; fell 0.26 percent ANALYSTS' RECOMMENDATIONS
Following is a summary of research actions on Canadian companies reported by Reuters.
* Dorel Industries Inc : Roth Capital cuts target price to C$38 from C$42 after the company's management lowered its forecast for the year
* Easyhome Ltd : Raymond James raises price target to C$15 from C$12, says there is a good balance of growth and income both in store and in the stock
* GMP Capital Inc : CIBC cuts target price to C$6.50 from C$7.50 to reflect the weak outlook for Canadian resource financings
* Semafo Inc : SocGen cuts price target to C$2 from C$2.10, says despite the company reporting a strong second quarter, H1 results came 29 percent lower year-over-year
* Tuscany International Drilling Inc : Raymond James cuts target price to 15 Canadian cents from 20 Canadian cents following the management's updated revenue guidance for the second half of FY2013 ON THE CALENDAR
* No major Canadian economic data scheduled for the day
* Major U.S. events and data includes Federal budget
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge