CANADA STOCKS-TSX rises as gold miners, BlackBerry drive gains
TORONTO, Aug 12 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Monday, lifted by gains in shares of gold producers and a jump in shares of BlackBerry after the smartphone maker said it was exploring strategic alternatives. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 12.69 points, or 0.10 percent, at 12,555.09 shortly after the open.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea