Petrobras asset sales raised $1.8 bln through second quarter-CFO
RIO DE JANEIRO
RIO DE JANEIRO Aug 12 (Reuters) - Brazil's state-run oil company Petroleo Brasileiro SA's asset sale plan raised $1.8 billion through the second quarter of 2013, Chief Financial Officer Almir Barbassa said on a conference call to discuss second-quarter earnings.
Petrobras is trying to sell oil fields, exploration rights, refineries and other assets to help finance a $237 billion, five-year investment plan. In March the company lowered its forecast for the value of asset sales by nearly 40 percent to $9 billion from $14.8 billion.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'