Vical to stop developing melanoma therapy after trial failure
Aug 12 (Reuters) - Vical Inc said it will stop developing its experimental cancer therapy Allovectin after a late-stage trial failed to show that the treatment was significantly better than chemotherapy.
The company said it now planned to focus on its infectious disease vaccine programs.
The trial tested Allovectin in patients with metastatic melanoma.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'