Hon Hai Q2 profit up 35 pct, beats forecasts
TAIPEI Aug 13 (Reuters) - Taiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co Ltd, a major manufacturer of Apple Inc products, posted a 35 percent year-on-year increase in its second-quarter net profits to T$16.98 billion ($567.15 million), beating market expectations.
The figure compared with a median forecast of T$15.49 billion by 12 analysts polled by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Hon Hai posted a net profit of T$12.61 billion in the same period a year earlier and T$16.35 billion in the previous quarter. ($1 = 29.9390 Taiwan dollars) (Reporting by Clare Jim; Editing by Stephen Coates)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Microsoft leads disruption of largest infected global PC network