Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Aug 13 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Tuesday:
* Mizuho Financial Group Inc has approached Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd to buy ANZ's 39.2 percent stake in PT Bank Pan Indonesia Tbk (Panin) valued at about $570 million, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters.
* J.C. Penney Co Inc and hedge fund Pershing Square's Bill Ackman are in talks to resolve their dispute over the leadership of the U.S. retailer, a source familiar with the situation said on Monday.
* Chinese technology giant Tencent Holdings Ltd is planning to list its popular messaging app Weixin, or WeChat, as a spinoff company in Singapore, the official China Daily reported on Tuesday, citing an unnamed source.
* Blackstone Group has agreed to buy control of 80 apartment complexes from General Electric, valuing the properties at about $2.7 billion, a person briefed on the matter said on Monday, The New York Times reported. ()
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter