Myriad Genetics' fourth-quarter profit beats estimates
Aug 13 (Reuters) - Molecular diagnostics company Myriad Genetics Inc reported a fourth-quarter profit that handily beat analysts' estimates, helped by higher sales of its breast and ovarian cancer detection test.
Net income rose to $44.1 million, or 53 cents per share, from $29.1 million, or 34 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 31 percent to $174.1 million in the quarter ended June 30.
Analysts on average expected earnings of 44 cents on revenue of $159.9 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |