Myriad Genetics' fourth-quarter profit beats estimates
Aug 13 (Reuters) - Molecular diagnostics company Myriad Genetics Inc reported a fourth-quarter profit that handily beat analysts' estimates, helped by higher sales of its breast and ovarian cancer detection test.
Net income rose to $44.1 million, or 53 cents per share, from $29.1 million, or 34 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 31 percent to $174.1 million in the quarter ended June 30.
Analysts on average expected earnings of 44 cents on revenue of $159.9 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Search under way at New York building collapse, trains halted