Russian surgeon arrested for taking heroin from patient's stomach
MOSCOW (Reuters) - A Russian surgeon has been arrested for taking a five-gram bag of heroin he found in a patient's stomach.
"The doctor was intoxicated at the time of detention," police for the Siberian region of Krasnoyarsk said in a statement on Tuesday, adding he faced up to 15 years in prison for theft and possession.
The doctor, who was not named, refused to answer questions without a lawyer, the police said.
It was not clear whether the patient had been arrested.
(Reporting by Gabriela Baczynska, editing by Elizabeth Piper)
- Target confirms major card data theft during Thanksgiving
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |