'All clear' declared at California university after 'armed subject' alert
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Students and staff at California State University, Long Beach, were briefly urged to evacuate or take shelter on Tuesday due to an armed subject on campus, but the school quickly issued an "all clear" saying that there was no threat.
The initial alert had said police were "engaging the threat" on campus and urged students, faculty and staff to evacuate.
(Reporting by Dan Whitcomb; Editing by Cynthia Johnston)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image