Alcoa to curtail production in Brazil, close a line in U.S.
Aug 14 (Reuters) - Alcoa Inc said on Wednesday it is temporarily cutting production at its aluminum smelters in Brazil, and will permanently shut down one line at its Massena East plant in New York.
The changes, which affect about 164,000 tonnes of annual smelting capacity, are part of a review announced in May.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message