RPT-Chile Escondida mine workers begin strike
SANTIAGO Aug 14 (Reuters) - Workers began a strike at world No. 1 copper mine, Chile's Escondida, on Wednesday over pay and working conditions.
The strike at the mine, majority owned by global miner BHP Billiton , began on Wednesday morning, without a specified end-time, union representative Marcelo Tapia said.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter