KazMunaiGas EP first-half net profit falls 68 pct
ALMATY Aug 14 (Reuters) - KazMunaiGas Exploration Production , Kazakhstan's fourth-largest oil producer, said on Wednesday its first-half net profit fell 68 percent, year-on-year, mainly due to an impairment charge recognised in the first quarter.
The net profit came in at 38.8 billion tenge, or $257 million, on revenue of 384 billion tenge, which decreased 4 percent due to a drop of oil price and lower export volumes, the company said in a statement.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East