Lonmin signs recognition deal with AMCU
Aug 14 (Reuters) - Lonmin Plc said it signed an agreement with the South African Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union recognising it as the majority union at the platinum producer.
Members of the hardline AMCU, which claims over 70 percent of Lonmin's workforce, have twice this year staged brief illegal strikes at Lonmin and had threatened to down tools again unless the company recognised it as the dominant union.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in row over New York envoy arrest
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials