Lonmin signs recognition deal with AMCU
Aug 14 (Reuters) - Lonmin Plc said it signed an agreement with the South African Association of Mineworkers and Construction Union recognising it as the majority union at the platinum producer.
Members of the hardline AMCU, which claims over 70 percent of Lonmin's workforce, have twice this year staged brief illegal strikes at Lonmin and had threatened to down tools again unless the company recognised it as the dominant union.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East