South Africa's MTN: ex-CFO probe relates to "specific transactions"
JOHANNESBURG Aug 14 (Reuters) - Africa's biggest wireless phone operator MTN Group said on Wednesday the investigation into its former chief financial officer was related to "specific transactions".
"It's an issue of governance around specific transactions," chief executive Sifiso Dabengwa said without giving any more details.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- IMF's Lagarde put under investigation in French fraud case |