South Africa's MTN: ex-CFO probe relates to "specific transactions"
JOHANNESBURG Aug 14 (Reuters) - Africa's biggest wireless phone operator MTN Group said on Wednesday the investigation into its former chief financial officer was related to "specific transactions".
"It's an issue of governance around specific transactions," chief executive Sifiso Dabengwa said without giving any more details.
CFO Nazir Patel abruptly resigned last month due to an investigation into allegations against him. (Reporting by Helen Nyambura-Mwaura; Writing by Tiisetso Motsoeneng; Editing by Ed Stoddard)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai