Egyptian police arrest senior Brotherhood politicians
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian police detained senior Muslim Brotherhood officials Mohamed El-Beltagi and Essam El-Erian on Wednesday, a security official said, after the police forcibly broke up Brotherhood protest camps in Cairo.
The official said Islamist preacher Safwat Hegazi had also been detained.
(Writing by Tom Perry; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
- U.S.' Kerry voices 'regret' to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Medical bills underlie 60 percent of U.S. bankrupts: study
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |