Reuters photographer shot in foot in Cairo
CAIRO (Reuters) - A Reuters photographer was shot in the foot in Cairo on Wednesday while covering an operation by Egyptian security forces to clear protesters demanding the reinstatement of deposed President Mohamed Mursi.
Asmaa Waguih was receiving treatment for the bullet wound.
Dozens of people were killed across Egypt as security forces clashed with protesters. In Cairo, troops opened fire on demonstrators who had staged a sit-in for the past six weeks.
Among the dead was cameraman Mick Deane, 61, who was working for Britain's Sky News.
(Editing by Matthew Tostevin)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more