HKEx Q2 profit up 9 pct on improved volumes, matching expectations
HONG KONG Aug 15 (Reuters) - Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd, the world's second-largest exchange by market value, reported a 9.3 percent increase in second-quarter net profit, buoyed by higher trading volumes and a pick-up in initial public offerings.
HKEx made a net profit of HK$1.2 billion ($155 million) in April-June, matching analysts' expectations, according to Thomson Reuters SmartEstimates.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted