Marathon Oil evacuating personnel from Gulf of Mexico platform
Aug 15 (Reuters) - Marathon Oil Corp said on Thursday it was evacuating non-essential personnel from the Ewing Bank platform in the Gulf of Mexico, in preparations for an expected tropical storm.
The company said production has not been affected.
The U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest bulletin that the weather disturbance in the extreme northwestern Caribbean Sea has a 50 percent chance of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours.
(Reporting by Shrutee Sarkar and Arpan Varghese in Bangalore; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Children's corpses in Korean ferry reveal desperate attempts to escape |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China ahead of visit |
- Ukraine government resumes offensive, hopes for more U.S. help |
- Ukraine president calls for new anti-rebel offensive as crisis deal falters |
- China factory activity shrinks for fourth month |