Marathon Oil evacuating personnel from Gulf of Mexico platform
Aug 15 (Reuters) - Marathon Oil Corp said on Thursday it was evacuating non-essential personnel from the Ewing Bank platform in the Gulf of Mexico, in preparations for an expected tropical storm.
The company said production has not been affected.
The U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest bulletin that the weather disturbance in the extreme northwestern Caribbean Sea has a 50 percent chance of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours.
(Reporting by Shrutee Sarkar and Arpan Varghese in Bangalore; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |