Marathon Oil evacuating personnel from Gulf of Mexico platform
Aug 15 (Reuters) - Marathon Oil Corp said on Thursday it was evacuating non-essential personnel from the Ewing Bank platform in the Gulf of Mexico, in preparations for an expected tropical storm.
The company said production has not been affected.
The U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest bulletin that the weather disturbance in the extreme northwestern Caribbean Sea has a 50 percent chance of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours.
(Reporting by Shrutee Sarkar and Arpan Varghese in Bangalore; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports