Shougang Peru iron ore workers start strike - union
LIMA Aug 15 (Reuters) - Workers at Shougang Hierro Peru , an affiliate of China's Shougang Group, started an indefinite strike on Thursday to press for better wages and work conditions, a union leader said.
The union received permission to hold the strike from the labor ministry, union leader Julio Ortiz told Reuters on Thursday.
Shougang is the only iron ore producer in Peru, a top global exporter of copper, gold, silver and other metals.
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push
- Ukraine opposition rally keeps pressure on Yanukovich