Tropical Storm Erin forms in far east Atlantic -NHC
Aug 15 (Reuters) - Tropical Storm Erin, the fifth named storm of the 2013 Atlantic hurricane season, has formed west-southwest of the southern Cape Verde Islands in the far east Atlantic Ocean, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said on Thursday.
Erin was swirling 65 miles (100 km) west-southwest of Brava in the Cape Verde Islands, and packing maximum sustained winds of 40 miles per hour (65 kph), the Miami-based NHC said. (Reporting by Ratul Ray Chaudhuri in Bangalore; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- JPMorgan warns 465,000 card users on data loss after cyber attack