Turkish markets board appoints two Turkcell board members
ISTANBUL Aug 15 (Reuters) - Turkey's Capital Markets Board (SPK) said on Thursday it had appointed two members to the management board of the country's leading mobile phone company Turkcell, part of efforts to resolve an impasse paralysing the company.
The SPK chairman said last month it would appoint the two members, named on Thursday as Mehmet Bostan and Bekir Pakdemirli.
Turkcell has been unable to agree the make-up of its board or pay dividends due to a dispute between major shareholders TeliaSonera, Russia's Altimo and Turkey's Cukurova. (Writing by Daren Butler; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
- U.S., backed by Arabs, launches first strikes on fighters in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Euro data hits stocks, China reading soothes commodities