Turkish markets board appoints two Turkcell board members
ISTANBUL Aug 15 (Reuters) - Turkey's Capital Markets Board (SPK) said on Thursday it had appointed two members to the management board of the country's leading mobile phone company Turkcell, part of efforts to resolve an impasse paralysing the company.
The SPK chairman said last month it would appoint the two members, named on Thursday as Mehmet Bostan and Bekir Pakdemirli.
Turkcell has been unable to agree the make-up of its board or pay dividends due to a dispute between major shareholders TeliaSonera, Russia's Altimo and Turkey's Cukurova. (Writing by Daren Butler; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study