Egyptian police to use live ammo in confrontations: TV
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian security forces will use live ammunition to counter any attacks against themselves or public buildings, state television said on Thursday, quoting the Interior Ministry.
The announcement came hours after protesters torched a government building in a Cairo suburb. On Wednesday, hundreds of Egyptians died following a fierce security crackdown on the Muslim Brotherhood.
- Malaysian airplane investigators look at suicide as possible motive |
- Planning could hold key to disappearance of Flight MH370 |
- U.S., EU set sanctions as Putin recognizes Crimea "sovereignty" |
- Magnitude 4.4 earthquake rocks Los Angeles area
- Russian government admits economy in crisis as Ukraine weighs