Egyptian police to use live ammo in confrontations: TV
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian security forces will use live ammunition to counter any attacks against themselves or public buildings, state television said on Thursday, quoting the Interior Ministry.
The announcement came hours after protesters torched a government building in a Cairo suburb. On Wednesday, hundreds of Egyptians died following a fierce security crackdown on the Muslim Brotherhood.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
- Mayor of Los Angeles suburb of Bell Gardens shot dead