Four Egyptian soldiers killed by gunmen in North Sinai: sources
CAIRO (Reuters) - At least four Egyptian soldiers were shot dead by unknown gunmen near the city of El-Arish in the lawless North Sinai region on Thursday, security and medical sources said.
In a separate incident, five soldiers were injured when gunmen opened fire on an army tent.
(Reporting by Yousri Mohamed; Writing by Shadia Nasralla; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East