Four Egyptian soldiers killed by gunmen in North Sinai: sources
CAIRO (Reuters) - At least four Egyptian soldiers were shot dead by unknown gunmen near the city of El-Arish in the lawless North Sinai region on Thursday, security and medical sources said.
In a separate incident, five soldiers were injured when gunmen opened fire on an army tent.
(Reporting by Yousri Mohamed; Writing by Shadia Nasralla; Editing by Alison Williams)
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Global stocks succumb to growth fears; ECB trillion euro question awaits
- Islamic State committing 'staggering' crimes in Iraq: U.N. report
- Hong Kong warns democracy protesters of firm response |
- Israel's Netanyahu to Obama: Don't allow Iran deal that leaves it at nuclear threshold