Lenovo shares up 2 percent after fiscal first quarter net beats estimates
(Reuters) - Shares of Lenovo Group Ltd (0992.HK), the world's largest PC maker, rose 2 percent on Thursday after it delivered its second-best quarterly earnings that also beat forecasts thanks to swift expansion in its mobile computing business.
Lenovo shares rose 2 percent to HK$7.71, outperforming the Hang Seng Index's .HSI 0.3 percent gain.
Lenovo's April-June net profit was $174 million, beating a consensus estimate of $166.0 million.
(Reporting by Lee Chyen Yee; Editing by Anne Marie Roantree)
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |