Tropical Storm Erin forms in far east Atlantic - NHC
(Reuters) - Tropical Storm Erin, the fifth named storm of the 2013 Atlantic hurricane season, has formed west-southwest of the southern Cape Verde Islands in the far east Atlantic Ocean, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said on Thursday.
Erin was swirling 65 miles west-southwest of Brava in the Cape Verde Islands, and packing maximum sustained winds of 40 miles per hour, the Miami-based NHC said.
(Reporting by Ratul Ray Chaudhuri in Bangalore; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park