Tropical Storm Erin forms in far east Atlantic - NHC
(Reuters) - Tropical Storm Erin, the fifth named storm of the 2013 Atlantic hurricane season, has formed west-southwest of the southern Cape Verde Islands in the far east Atlantic Ocean, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said on Thursday.
Erin was swirling 65 miles west-southwest of Brava in the Cape Verde Islands, and packing maximum sustained winds of 40 miles per hour, the Miami-based NHC said.
(Reporting by Ratul Ray Chaudhuri in Bangalore; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone