Tropical Storm Erin forms in far east Atlantic - NHC
(Reuters) - Tropical Storm Erin, the fifth named storm of the 2013 Atlantic hurricane season, has formed west-southwest of the southern Cape Verde Islands in the far east Atlantic Ocean, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said on Thursday.
Erin was swirling 65 miles west-southwest of Brava in the Cape Verde Islands, and packing maximum sustained winds of 40 miles per hour, the Miami-based NHC said.
(Reporting by Ratul Ray Chaudhuri in Bangalore; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Thai 'red shirts' prepare rally to back PM against protesters