Detroit pension funds to object to city's bankruptcy
DETROIT Aug 15 (Reuters) - The two pension funds for retired Detroit municipal workers will file an objection on Monday to the city's bankruptcy filing on Michigan constitutional grounds, a representative of the boards said on Thursday.
A federal bankruptcy judge is to hold hearings beginning in October on whether the city is eligible to file for the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history.
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- Ukrainian protesters topple Lenin statue in challenge to Yanukovich
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |