Detroit pension funds to object to city's bankruptcy
DETROIT Aug 15 (Reuters) - The two pension funds for retired Detroit municipal workers will file an objection on Monday to the city's bankruptcy filing on Michigan constitutional grounds, a representative of the boards said on Thursday.
A federal bankruptcy judge is to hold hearings beginning in October on whether the city is eligible to file for the largest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |