Zurich Q2 net profit falls nearly 30 pct on natural disasters
ZURICH Aug 14 (Reuters) - Zurich Insurance Group said net profit fell nearly 30 percent in the second quarter, more than expected, and it viewed its targets for General Insurance and Farmers as more "challenging".
The Swiss insurer posted a net profit of $789 million for the second quarter of the year, weighed by more natural catastrophes in the period.
This compared with a 20 percent fall in net profit to $839 million forecast in a Reuters poll. (Reporting by Alice Baghdjian)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote