Judge tosses out Icahn's fiduciary claims against Dell Inc
WILMINGTON, Delaware Aug 16 (Reuters) - The judge presiding over Carl Icahn's lawsuit against Dell Inc on Friday dismissed the activist billionaire' s claims that the company and its board breached their fiduciary duties by accepting Chief Executive Officer Michael Dell's $25 billion takeover offer.
Judge Leo Strine denied Icahn's request to fast-track his lawsuit against the company, designed to derail the controversial buyout. He said he will set a formal hearing on the lawsuit but urged Icahn and the company to resolve their differences in the meantime.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel