Judge tosses out Icahn's fiduciary claims against Dell Inc
WILMINGTON, Delaware Aug 16 (Reuters) - The judge presiding over Carl Icahn's lawsuit against Dell Inc on Friday dismissed the activist billionaire' s claims that the company and its board breached their fiduciary duties by accepting Chief Executive Officer Michael Dell's $25 billion takeover offer.
Judge Leo Strine denied Icahn's request to fast-track his lawsuit against the company, designed to derail the controversial buyout. He said he will set a formal hearing on the lawsuit but urged Icahn and the company to resolve their differences in the meantime.
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Scots vote in independence referendum to seal the United Kingdom's fate |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot
- Dollar hits six-year peak versus yen, ECB aims cash hose
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report