Judge tosses out Icahn's fiduciary claims against Dell Inc
WILMINGTON, Delaware Aug 16 (Reuters) - The judge presiding over Carl Icahn's lawsuit against Dell Inc on Friday dismissed the activist billionaire' s claims that the company and its board breached their fiduciary duties by accepting Chief Executive Officer Michael Dell's $25 billion takeover offer.
Judge Leo Strine denied Icahn's request to fast-track his lawsuit against the company, designed to derail the controversial buyout. He said he will set a formal hearing on the lawsuit but urged Icahn and the company to resolve their differences in the meantime.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |