Norway c.bank chief takes leave of absence, deputy stands in
OSLO Aug 16 (Reuters) - Norwegian central bank governor Oeystein Olsen will take a six-week leave of absence from Monday because of a hip operation, the central bank said on Friday.
Deputy Governor Jan Qvigstad will stand in during this period to replace Olsen, the bank added. (Reporting by Balazs Koranyi, editing by Gwladys Fouche)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |