Ferry and cargo vessel collide in Philippines - AP
Aug 16 (Reuters) - A ferry carrying nearly 700 passengers was in collision with a cargo vessel in the central Philippines on Friday and a rescue operation was launched, the Associated Press reported.
It quoted the coastguard as saying the ferry MV Thomas Aquinas listed and began sinking after hitting the cargo vessel near the city of Cebu, and the captain ordered the ship abandoned. (Writing by Mark Trevelyan, editing by Matthew Tostevin)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections