Ferry and cargo vessel collide in Philippines - AP
Aug 16 (Reuters) - A ferry carrying nearly 700 passengers was in collision with a cargo vessel in the central Philippines on Friday and a rescue operation was launched, the Associated Press reported.
It quoted the coastguard as saying the ferry MV Thomas Aquinas listed and began sinking after hitting the cargo vessel near the city of Cebu, and the captain ordered the ship abandoned. (Writing by Mark Trevelyan, editing by Matthew Tostevin)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone