Hundreds rescued after ferry collision in Philippines - radio
MANILA Aug 16 (Reuters) - Hundreds of people were rescued after a ferry sank following a collision with a domestic cargo vessel off the central island of Cebu in the Philippines on Friday night, local radio reports said.
It was not clear whether there were casualties. (Reporting by Manny Mogato, editing by Mark Trevelyan)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter