Death toll from Cairo protests reaches 50: officials
CAIRO (Reuters) - About 50 people were killed in protests in Cairo on Friday, security officials said.
Thousands of supporters of deposed President Mohamed Mursi have been staging nationwide protests against a security crackdown on Islamists.
(Reporting by Yasmine Saleh; Writing by Michael Georgy)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video