Blackstone in talks to buy minority stake in Rothesay: report
Aug 16 (Reuters) - Blackstone Group LP is in talks to buy a minority stake in Goldman Sachs Group Inc's UK pensions insurance operation, Rothesay Life, the Financial Times reported on Friday.
The talks are being led by Blackstone's $3 billion "tactical opportunities" fund, the newspaper said, citing people familiar with the matter. ()
Reuters reported earlier this month that Goldman Sachs plans to sell a majority stake in its European insurance business over the next year.
Bankers estimate the Rothesay unit's value at between 750 million and 950 million pounds ($1.17 billion-$1.48 billion), the daily reported, adding that the sale process does not involve a formal auction.
Representatives of Blackstone and Goldman Sachs were not immediately available for comment.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |