Blackstone in talks to buy minority stake in Rothesay: report
Aug 16 (Reuters) - Blackstone Group LP is in talks to buy a minority stake in Goldman Sachs Group Inc's UK pensions insurance operation, Rothesay Life, the Financial Times reported on Friday.
The talks are being led by Blackstone's $3 billion "tactical opportunities" fund, the newspaper said, citing people familiar with the matter. ()
Reuters reported earlier this month that Goldman Sachs plans to sell a majority stake in its European insurance business over the next year.
Bankers estimate the Rothesay unit's value at between 750 million and 950 million pounds ($1.17 billion-$1.48 billion), the daily reported, adding that the sale process does not involve a formal auction.
Representatives of Blackstone and Goldman Sachs were not immediately available for comment.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement