German tourist killed in Venice gondola crash
ROME Aug 17 (Reuters) - A German tourist was killed and his three-year-old daughter seriously injured when a gondola carrying them on Venice's Grand Canal collided with a ferry on Saturday.
The man appeared to have been crushed between the two boats near the historic city's famous Rialto bridge, a spokesman for Venice's fire brigade said.
The little girl suffered a head injury and was taken to a hospital in Padua for treatment, he added. (Reporting by Steve Scherer; Editing by Andrew Heavens)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Seattle students protest gay Catholic school teacher's resignation
- Obama girls get dating advice from their watchful dad
- Accused Colorado theater gunman competent to stand trial, evaluators say
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets