Egypt is waging "war" against extremism-presidency
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egypt is facing "war by the forces of extremism" and will confront it with "security measures within the framework of law," Mostafa Hegazy, adviser to Egypt's interim president said.
Hundreds of people have been killed in political violence this week in clashes between security forces and the Muslim Brotherhood.
(Reporting by Yasmine Saleh)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |