Egypt arrests 1,004 at Friday's Muslim Brotherhood protests
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian authorities arrested 1,004 "elements" of the Muslim Brotherhood during nationwide protests on Friday, the interior ministry said on Saturday.
An Interior Ministry statement said Brotherhood members had committed acts of terrorism during the demonstrations.
(Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |