Egypt arrests 1,004 at Friday's Muslim Brotherhood protests
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian authorities arrested 1,004 "elements" of the Muslim Brotherhood during nationwide protests on Friday, the interior ministry said on Saturday.
An Interior Ministry statement said Brotherhood members had committed acts of terrorism during the demonstrations.
(Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China as Asia trip begins |
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- Australia vows to keep searching to solve missing Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China