Egypt arrests 1,004 at Friday's Muslim Brotherhood protests
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian authorities arrested 1,004 "elements" of the Muslim Brotherhood during nationwide protests on Friday, the interior ministry said on Saturday.
An Interior Ministry statement said Brotherhood members had committed acts of terrorism during the demonstrations.
(Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- More troops deployed in Ferguson to guard against fresh riots |
- Merkel hits diplomatic dead-end with Putin
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels |
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Gunshots echo as violence returns to Ferguson, protests across U.S.