Israel's Delek sells 1.5 mln Delek US shares for $42 mln
TEL AVIV Aug 18 (Reuters) - Delek Petroleum, a unit of Delek Group, has sold 1.5 million shares in its subsidiary Delek US Holdings for $42 million to a foreign financial institution, the company said on Sunday.
Delek sold the 2.5 percent stake at $27.78 a share after the market closed on Thursday. Delek US shares fell 6.4 percent on Friday to $26.76.
As a result of the sale, Delek will cease to consolidate Delek US results in its financial statements as of the second quarter.
Delek will post an after-tax gain of 450 million shekels ($126 million) to 500 million shekels in the second quarter for the sale as well as for a revaluation of its remaining stake in Delek US.
Delek Group is a partner with Texas-based Noble Energy in Israel's largest natural gas discoveries.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Obama to Republican critics on immigration: 'Pass a bill'
We are living longer but not creating financial plans to keep pace. Advisers give tips on how to make sure you don’t outlive your money. Video