BP may send workers to Gulf of Mexico after storm dissipates
NEW YORK (Reuters) - BP Plc (BP.L) said it could start returning offshore workers to its deepwater Gulf of Mexico oil and gas facilities later on Sunday after a tropical storm had dissipated.
BP said on Thursday it had evacuated some non-essential personnel from its four production platforms and had ordered its drilling rig contractors to temporarily cease operations.
On Sunday, BP said oil and gas production remained online.
(Reporting by Sabina Zawadzki; Editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner