BP may send workers to Gulf of Mexico after storm dissipates
NEW YORK (Reuters) - BP Plc (BP.L) said it could start returning offshore workers to its deepwater Gulf of Mexico oil and gas facilities later on Sunday after a tropical storm had dissipated.
BP said on Thursday it had evacuated some non-essential personnel from its four production platforms and had ordered its drilling rig contractors to temporarily cease operations.
On Sunday, BP said oil and gas production remained online.
(Reporting by Sabina Zawadzki; Editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter