BP may send workers to Gulf of Mexico after storm dissipates
NEW YORK (Reuters) - BP Plc (BP.L) said it could start returning offshore workers to its deepwater Gulf of Mexico oil and gas facilities later on Sunday after a tropical storm had dissipated.
BP said on Thursday it had evacuated some non-essential personnel from its four production platforms and had ordered its drilling rig contractors to temporarily cease operations.
On Sunday, BP said oil and gas production remained online.
(Reporting by Sabina Zawadzki; Editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine