BP may send workers to Gulf of Mexico after storm dissipates
NEW YORK (Reuters) - BP Plc (BP.L) said it could start returning offshore workers to its deepwater Gulf of Mexico oil and gas facilities later on Sunday after a tropical storm had dissipated.
BP said on Thursday it had evacuated some non-essential personnel from its four production platforms and had ordered its drilling rig contractors to temporarily cease operations.
On Sunday, BP said oil and gas production remained online.
(Reporting by Sabina Zawadzki; Editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East