EU to review relationship with Egypt in coming days
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The European Union will review its relationship with Egypt in the coming days, the 28-member bloc said on Sunday.
In a statement, the President of the European Council Herman Van Rompuy and the President of the European Commission Jose Manuel Barroso called on all sides in Egypt to show restraint and prevent further escalation of the violence.
"To this effect, together with its member states, the EU will urgently review in the coming days its relations with Egypt and adopt measures aimed at pursuing these goals," the statement said.
(Reporting by Robert-Jan Bartunek; Editing by Janet Lawrence)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Hagel resigns as Defense Secretary, official says |
- Some fund managers see oil falling to $60 without OPEC cut