Amazon.com website goes down for U.S., Canadian users
NEW YORK Aug 19 (Reuters) - Amazon.com, the website of the world's largest online retailer, went down on Monday for many users across the United States and Canada.
It was unclear what triggered the rare disruption, and Amazon did not respond to requests for comment.
Users from New York and Toronto to San Francisco got only error messages when trying to access the popular shopping website. The news came less than a week after the website of the New York Times went down for about two hours.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Home sales tumble, jobless claims at near nine-month high
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia